The rose bushes thrived all summer, they were happy to be free of the holly horror. We have since acquired several other plants from neighbors moving, a hibiscus and three miniature rose bushes which I planted between the large rose bushes. The mystery plant I discovered and potted turned out to be orange Gerber Daisies.

One plant in particular bares a special meaning for Nathan and I. When Nathan's mother was married she received a cutting from her mother's Angelwing Begonia. That was over 30 years ago. The Begonia's are beautiful and hardy and after our wedding Nathan's mother gave us our own cutting. It has been a special addition to our tiny house.

It blooms the prettiest little pink flowers

Last year we had some problems with rose disease and Nathan thought perhaps cutting them all down would solve the issue. I was horrified when I came home to this...


My roses were all but gone!
At this time it was still getting down to the low 30's at night and I was sure they wouldn't survive, Nathan even seemed a little concerned.
Spring is finally here and I'm happy to report that my beloved rose bushes that Nathan hacked away in March have made an impressive comeback.

A bloom already!

Our front entrance.. complete with attack dogs waiting at the door
No comments:
Post a Comment