Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin Carving Party

All of the Veterinarians gathered last night to carve our pumpkins together.

Photobucket


Nathan and I are a great carving team.
I scoop out the pumpkin and draw the design
and he wields the knives and carves.

This was all worked out last year, the first time we carved pumpkins around each other, when Nathan witnessed my knife skills first hand. He made a house rule that I'm no longer allowed to use knives for recreational purposes. I don't like the actual carving process anyway so it works out.



Nathan workin' his mad knife skills!

Photobucket



The finished product, he told everyone it was a self portrait.

Photobucket


His self portrait. All lite up.

Photobucket



Another Vet carved this bio-hazard symbol I thought turned out pretty cool.

Photobucket



After everyone finished we gathered them all together to take pictures. The bottle of Capt. Morgans is an ongoing inside joke amongst this crew so it had to be put in the picture. The pumpkin next to the bottle is actually a gourd someone found and thought was pretty cool. Being around all of these Vets the gourd became a popular topic of discussion regarding what diagnosis it would have been given.

Photobucket




After the sun went down we lite up all of our pumpkins and took even more pictures.

Photobucket

2 comments:

The Dickeys said...

How many vets do you have on base? I should have thought of a pumpkin carving party during vet school. We were always looking for a reason to get together.

katyhoyt1981 said...

There are about 22 of us. We can usually pull together a party on pretty short notice.

The Punkin Party is a cool idea, however, hindsight forces me to recommend that those living in more Southern climes who wish to hold a party of this sort would be well advised to do so on the last weekend prior to Halloween. My lil' punkin did a awesome "Wicked Witch of the West" imitation on my front porch in preparation for the big day. It even disgusted me. Between the texture that can only be compared to liquefactive necrosis and the exuberant black mold, he had to go!