Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Update for the junkies

School has started and most of my classes are on the internet. Unfortunately, applications for the fall are taken in January so I've got to wait until January 2009 to apply for the Nursing program that starts in the fall. I also lost a few credits but I'm still trying to fight for them to transfer so hopefully I won't lose them. The good news is that my adviser told me I shouldn't have any problems being accepted with my good grades.

A last minute opening at Fort Benning means that Nathan is heading to Airborne school this Friday. Today he got a look at one of the towers he'll be jumping off of, for practice, and he was impressed. I told him to focus on the bottom, not the top. I know as soon as he hits the ground he will be addicted to the adrenaline rush. The bad news is that after a 6 mile ruck march this past Saturday his right knee has had some mild inflammation. From what we've heard though, it's pretty common to aggravate your knees at some point during Airborne school anyway so he's just getting some practice in, right?

No comments: