All Things Hoyt
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Airborne School
Here is a video I took after I dropped him off, Dad you probably know this cadence..
Airborne school is going great so far. This week I am told he will be learning the swing landing. He has already starting jumping off the big towers pictured below. He says it is an "unnatural" feeling to jump off a platform that high off the ground. Graduation will be in two more weeks and hopefully I will be able to make it down in time to get some pictures.
I came back home after dropping Nathan off so it has been very lonely around the house. The tropical storm "Hanna" came through here Friday night. It rained heavily for hours but the sandy soil has soaked it all up already. The winds were quite bad and wreaked havoc on my potted plants on the porch. It ripped my potted hibiscus right out of the pot, I replanted it the next morning and it seems fine. One of our trees snapped somehow in the wind but thankfully it fell away from the house.
Their were some other smaller trees that snapped but we have plenty of trees to spare in the backyard so no big loss there. Hopefully Ike and Josephine will not effect any of you or Nathan at school. Nathan's folks were hit pretty bad with Gustav although the media seemed to only cover New Orleans and neglected to mention the battered Baton Rouge parishes. Their house was damaged, some of the fencing destroyed and they are still without power or city water. Thankfully they have a well and a fully furnished pool house to reside in until a new roof is put on the main house. They also have a large generator they purchased when Katrina came through and extra pasture for the cows and horses while they repair the fence. Hopefully Hurricane season will quickly come to an end.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment