Friday, February 20, 2009

Whose Birthday Is It?

So this cake was intended for a bake sale that never happened. I couldn't just let the cake go bad so I rolled out some fondant with the intention of making a Mardi Gras cake.

It's Fat Tuesday next week people!

About an hour in I scrapped the Mardi Gras idea, threw some stars on top and brought it to our card game night at a friends house.

I was repeatedly asked "who's birthday is it?"



The next time my FRG leader thinks a bake sale is a good idea I'm bringing cookies instead of starting a three day endeavor that ends in a three layer cake with no home.



Photobucket




Photobucket

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! Love the design! I don't think it looks like a birthday cake.
Start brainstorming for Star Wars. I'm gonna need all the ideas I can get!

The Dickeys said...

cute cake! Getting those diamonds so even and straight took some time!