Sunday, November 22, 2009

Nathan's Home!

Nathan made it back safe Friday night, his flight landed in Raleigh around 1am after being held up in San Antonio.


The next day I spent lots of time in the kitchen attempting to make a camouflage fondant. Our good friend Jamie has become the first active duty Veterinarian to graduate from Ranger school! A party was being thrown in his honor and I was bringing cake.


I decided to try and duplicate the Ranger tab onto the cake for him and quickly learned that trying to copy a font exactly is nearly impossible on fondant. The camo print presented even more difficultly as I tried to find a way to make it look real and not cartoonish.



Everyone who attended was so sweet to compliment the cakes appearance but I was really happy to hear that it tasted good.




Photobucket









Jamie, still nearly bald from Ranger school, cuts into his cake.


Photobucket










Nathan approves.


Photobucket

No comments: